Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tennis golf

Sometimes I think people are like tennis balls when their lives begin. Tennis balls that get shot out of those tennis ball shooter things and go wildly spinning through the air. Some of them knock all over the place, some of them go off in the completely wroong direction, some soar through the air with a grace that makes one believe in miracles. But they all get pulled at by gravity, and they all eventually slow down, and they all eventually stop. Some get stuck in a rut.

That's what made me think of this tennis ball analogy, thinkin of someone near and dear who has rolled into a neat, comfortable little rut with no way to get out. And the more I think about it, the more I think of other people I know that are the same way.

Sometimes, I just wanna take em and shake em and tell them to do something else with their time- anything would be better than comfortable misery.

But instead I just blog like this.

On an unrelated note, I took my dog down to the tennis courts today to pick up a free ball n then throw it around. It was fun.




No comments: