Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Monday

I find myself a little restlessly disappointed in life lately. I feel flighty yet weighed down by heavy thoughts.

I wish school gave me more time to create.

I wish work gave me more stability for the time spent.

I wish I had the self control to use my time wisely.

I wish my phone wasn't a useless piece of plastic.

My my, I am negative this morning. I think there's something about Mondays that put me in a sour mood.

BUT! I have a story I want to write, something that came to me in a dream. Society as we know it has collapsed. There is no law, only looters. A strong willed, forward thinking single mom has managed to get her head about her faster than most, and, after gathering her brood, sent them out to find supplies for the new life ahead of them. They make a nice temporary shelter in the top floor of a school? prison? Psych hospital? and help anyone who passes through. However, others have heard of what this family has and want to take it... That was my dream, and I think what happens next will make a great story. Also, baby pandas and a yellow bike were in there too. I gotta find a way to work them in.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I was a Beatle, and we were all practicing our music (and choreography?) on a lawn. There's no story there, because that's all there was, but it's nice to be a part of your favorite band. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, and I woke up smiling.

1 comment:

TheCrayolaEffect said...

I feel you totally on all those points. Getting where you want to be is never easy nor does it happen overnight. You will eventually have the time to create and I'm sure it will be great. If you can, carry something with you, to use whenever you have a free moment!