Saturday, July 26, 2008

First

So I've decided to start a blog.

In this I am a little behind most of America; Wikipedia lists in a not-recently-updated article that there will be 200 million blogs in 2007... I'm going to guess there are a few more now, in the middle of '08.

So why am I bothering to become one of millions screaming my opinion out into the vast reaches of the internet, a tiny voice in a desert? I started a blog once before, around the same time I started my myspace. I actually really liked writing it. For a child of the 21st century like myself, it's much easier to type than write, and you are less likely to loose your journal when it doesn't exist in your hand, but as a bunch of zeros and ones.

Although that just might be me.

I stopped writing in it when I started getting readers; my blogs were getting kind of personal (in a bad way) and the thought of my hundreds of casual acquaintances (cuz who DOESN'T have 90 million 'friends' on myspace?) and anyone else who might breeze by my page being able to tap into the darkest parts of my soul (dramatic!) freaked me out. It's still up, only because some of those entries were/are SO personal I can't bare to loose them, but I have all the juicy ones on private. I go back and read them sometimes, and shudder at what a little idiot I was. I'm a much different kind of idiot now.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing THIS blog, is because of where I am in my life. The last year, and the last six months especially, have been very transitional for me. I've been asking myself tough questions about who I am, and, more importantly, who I want to be. It's hard to express that out loud to people, even though with deep thoughts like that it's nice to hear your opinions rolling around on your tongue, to bounce them back and forth with another inquisitive mind. I've found myself caught in many 'heavy' conversations lately with people who really don't want to be there- my life journey is one I need to work on by myself!

And that's what this is for. Even if no one will ever read this, or I quit after 5 posts (and they all say "woke up this morning. went to work. went to sleep. ho hum") I know that this will be important to me. I think.

Cheers to a long and happy collection of soul-searching musings!

*guzzles champagne; passes out*

No comments: