Monday, August 4, 2008

Ouch

What do you do for someone whose hurtin, but doesn't want to help themselves? Who does NOT want to help themselves at ALL

It makes me angry. Maybe it shouldn't, but it does. Frustrated, helpless, disgusted and pissed off. 

Watching a friend, someone you care about, or at least used to, self-destruct like a lemur jumpin off a cliff, like a super computer in an 80s sci fi movie, like an idiot bangin his head against a wall again and again and again.... It's a hard thing to see. 

Does it make me a bad friend for not wanting to be around that? Is 'all I can do,' more than I've already done? 

I want to wash my hands of this situation. Nothing I say or do is makin any difference, and if one is completely hell bent on fucking up one's life... I can't stand being around all that negative energy. I don't like the way I feel when I'm around it. I feel like I can't breathe, and that I have this big, dark lump sitting on my chest. Uck. Ew. Get me out of here!

Yeah, I can't put up with watching friends (or a friend) fuck themselves up over and over and over again. But how can I save the world if I can't even influence
 
-just a little bit- 

one 

person 

in it? 

1 comment:

malicewhit said...

Some people don't want to be saved. They think the world is going to cradle their hedonistic desires and don't want to be in it if it doesn't. Its sad but until they become mature enough for you to help them there isn't much to do but watch them suffer.