Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stand

So I'm lying on my living room floor in my underwear, eatin a baked potato and avoiding all the things I'm really supposed to be doing. Man, I'm a little disappointed in myself. I had all these goals and self improvements lined up for this summer. 

Every time I set up goals for myself, I always overdo it. I pretend I'm Superman and think that I can do everything, and discount things like changed plans, sick days, and unexpected visits from my mother. 

I feel like I flaked off this sumer. Thank God I've at least stuck with my whole quitin smokin deal. 

Well, at least I learned a lot about myself this summer. Also this IS one of the last times in my life that I'm going to be able to wake up at noon and stay in my pjs all day on a regular basis, something I enjoy more than I'd like to admit. 

Damn, I never meant for this thing to get so depressing! I thought I was pretty happy- I mean, I am- but I guess everyone needs an outlet for the darker parts of their thoughts. At least it's better then carrying them around with you like a bad smell. My blah posts are to keep me cheery everywhere else. 

I am oh so filled with delusional thoughts today.

I've been feeling a lot lately that by my habit of lookin on the bright side has turned into me lying to myself. I think I need to take a step back and look at some things realistically. First, though, I gotta figure out what that really means.

Here's another thing I've been toyin round in my brain: lies by omission. Both to myself and others. I think I'm avoiding somethings because I don't wanna stir shit up. 

Sometimes shit needs to get stirred though.

1 comment:

malicewhit said...

From the perpesctive some soeone who sees you once a year for a couple of days, i think your level of commitment and follow through intitiative has greatly improved since three years ago.
Its always good to flake off every once in a while. It gives you the power to later not flake off. That's what they invented summer vacation for.
Lies by omission; will haunt you till you let them out. Its better to go ahead in life with a clear conscience and with your friends and family confessed to.